Computer Science and Communication Systems (CSCS)
August 10 – 24, 2017
Seoul National University
- Presentation of the concept (SU-CSCS-2017)
- First Step Korean
Following the success of the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions of the International University in Computer Science and Networking, a new edition will take place in Seoul, South Korea. Advanced courses in the field of information technology will be taught in English by professors from SNU (Seoul National University) and HEIG-VD (Haute Ecole d’Ingénierie et de Gestion du Canton de Vaud).
This program rich in cultural and scientific exchange is undoubtedly beneficial, even necessary for future engineers. In addition to the academic program, students and instructors will participate in cultural activities in order to foster cultural exchange between all participants.
- 4 courses of 20 hours (20 * 45 minutes)
- For Swiss students: Replaces a « cours à choix » (6th semester). You should be a regular student at HEIG-VD, 2nd year.
- For Korean students: 4 SNU credits, A-F scale.
- Required level in English: B2 or higher
- Pre-requisite: Object Oriented Programming and Networking
- A certificate of completion will be delivered to each student, with grades
Testimonies of Students
- This magical three-week-long ride in Switzerland is coming to an end. Thanks to everyone for all the help, support, and wonderful memories. To say I didn’t turn homesick would be dishonest, but the way practically everyone has bent over backwards to accommodate me and make me feel at home has been both touching and humbling. Thanks to all of my friends for all the memories! Special thanks to Stephan Robert, Jon Pearce, Shubha Ranganathan, Shrinivas P. Naik, Srinidhi Shankar Habbu, Anushree Prasanna Kumar, Prashasthi Prabhakar, Varshini Ramaseshan, Israel Torres, Karina Rosales, Bisma Janjua, and the countless others who held my hand when I stumbled, wiped my tears when I cried, and brought smiles to my face every single day.
- A great way to learn people from different cultures and be able to assist lectures that are not like the ones in Switzerland.
- A wonderful opportunity to experience mixed culture friendship along with some valuable lessons.
- The Summer University Program should be one of items on your bucket list. Don’t miss it for anything!
- Being able to network with students of similar interests and going on trips with them were great!
- Great program should be encouraged to be taken by other students